Depression / Ten Days to Self-Esteem
1. The price of happiness - Learn to measure your moods, understand yourself
Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. NKJV
2. You FEEL the way you THINK - Most bad feelings come from illogical thinking (Stinky Thinking)
For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. NKJV
3. You can CHANGE the way you FEEL - Learn the difference between healthy and unhealthy feelings/thinking
1 Corinthians 10:12-13
Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. 13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. NKJV
4. How to BREAK OUT of a bad mood - Learning to control your emotions
No weapon formed against me shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgement
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the Lord. NKJV
5. The Acceptance Paradox - Talking back to the negative thoughts/speak to yourself
1 Samuel 30:6
Now David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and his daughters. But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God. NKJV
6. Getting Down Root Causes - Learn how to self-defeating attitudes and beliefs can make you vulnerable to painful mood swings and conflicts in personal relationship.
1 Corinthians 5:6
Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? NKJV
7. Self-Esteem - How do I get it?
For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret,
and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them NKJV
8. The Perfectionist’s Script for Self Defeat - Learn ten types of perfectionist
Distorted Thinking: All or Nothing, Overgeneralization, Discounting the Positives, Jumping to Conclusion, Should Statements, Blame, Labeling, Emotional Reasoning
Perfectionist’s Types: Physical, Achievement, Perceived, Emotional, Self-esteem, Relationship, Romantic, Entitlement, Obsessive-Compulsive, Other- whatever you can think of.
And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. NKJV
And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men. NKJV
9. Prescription for Procrastinators - You will become a more productive and creative person
Procrastinator Types - Putting the Cart before the horse, Mastery Model, Fear of Failure, Perfectionism, Lack of Rewards, Should, Passive Aggressive, Unassertive, Coercion, Lack of Desire.
Go to the ant, you sluggard!
Consider her ways and wise,
7 Which, having no captain,
Overseer or ruler,
8 Provides her supplies in the summer,
And gathers her food in the harvest.
9 How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep?
10 A little sleep, a little slumber,
A little folding of the hands to sleep —
11 So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler,
And your need like an armed man. NKJV
10. Practice, Practice, Practice
Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. 22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. NKJV